Gaining Weight In COVID-19? 9 Bodyweight Exercises To Shed Some Pounds At Home
list Oct 08, 2020
Are you one of those who is gaining weight in the Pandemic? If yes, then don’t worry we have got some amazing bodyweight exercises which you can try at home to shed some extra pounds. If you are ready to go then check the following infographic by WetOnFit.com.
The above consists of a set of 9 exercises. These are HIIT(High-Intensity Interval Training) exercises which are listed as follow:
1. Leg raises:
- Lie on your back, legs straight and together.
- Keep your legs straight and lift them all the way up to the ceiling until your butt comes off the floor.
- Slowly lower your legs back down till they’re just above the floor. Hold for a moment.
- Raise your legs back up. Repeat.
2. Knee Highs:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Lift up your left knee to your chest.
- Switch to lift your right knee to your chest. Continue the movement, alternating legs and moving at a sprinting or running pace.
3. Russian Twists:
Sit with bent knees and your feet pressing firmly into the floor, holding a dumbbell in each hand next to your chest. Sit back slightly, keeping your spine straight. Exhale as you twist to the left, punching your right arm over to the left side. Inhale back to center, and then do the opposite side.
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms by your sides. Bend your knees and reach forward to place your hands on the floor. Kick your legs straight out behind you and immediately lower your entire body down to the ground, bending at the elbows.
Feet are about hip-width apart. Obviously, you need a flat back; make sure the hips are down so that everything is level. If you find that your shoulders are fatiguing faster than everything else, it means your hips are too high and all the pressure is sitting in those shoulders.
6. Jumping Jacks:
- Stand upright with your legs together, arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees slightly, and jump into the air.
- As you jump, spread your legs to be about shoulder-width apart. Stretch your arms out and over your head.
- Jump back to starting position.
7. Goblet Squats:
Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart, your toes angled slightly outward. Hold a kettlebell in both hands at your chest, gripping the handles as though you were cupping a goblet—one hand on either side of the handles. Bend your elbows so the goblet is positioned right at the center of your chest.
- Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Cross your arms in front of your chest.
- Crunch your ab muscles to lift your shoulders off the mat.
- Hold for a second, then slowly come back down to starting position.
You need to perform these exercises each for 1 minute. Take a rest of 30 seconds in between the exercises. One round each of the above exercises makes a complete circuit. If you are a beginner you can start with one circuit and as you progress, you can increase upto 3 circuits making you reach upto an advanced level. So what are you waiting for? Start these exercises first thing in the morning and say goodbye to that extra fat that you have.