A list of 16 Latest lip Piercing Styles That You Should Know
Fashion Oct 07, 2019
Lip piercing is something that we have seen time and again on various people who try it. It is something that is always good to look at and has managed to stay trendy throughout the years that have come. Most of the people are only aware of the basic lip piercing styles like the Medusa piercing or the labret piercing but we have a lot more of lip piercing styles in the store which are eagerly waiting to be explored by people.
So in this article, we will be talking about the 16 different lip piercing styles with unique jewelry that are latest, super cool and interesting as well. If anyone of you ever decides to go for lip piercing, then you have plenty of lip piercing styles that you can consider. So Without further ado let’s dive right into this amazing post of different lip piercing styles.
Single Lip Piercings :
- Labret lip piercing: This lip piercing is done below the lower lip, specifically in the center. For this, the perforation is usually done with the needle and lip piercing jewelry like studs, captive bead rings, seamless rings or circular barbells that are often used based on the choice of the person. All these different pieces of jewelry for labret lip piercing give a unique yet stylish look to your appearance. You can always switch the jewelry style when you get bored with the existing one.
- Side labret lip piercing: This one is nothing but an interesting variation of the labret lip piercing. The only difference here is that instead of performing the perforation in the center, we can do it on either the right or left side below the lower lip based on our preference.
- Vertical labret lip piercing: Vertical Labret Lip piercing is again an interesting variation of the basic labret lip piercing. In this, the piercing is done normally like it’s done in labret piercing but the difference here is that the other end of the piercing is also visible here which is in the center of the lower lip. For this kind of piercing lip piercing jewelry like bent barbells or captive bead rings are used.
- Monroe lip piercing: Monroe lip piercing is inspired by the beauty mark of famous American actor Marilyn Monroe. This lip piercing is performed on the right side above the upper lip. The most preferred jewelry used for this kind of lip piercing style is the labret studs.
- Madonna lip piercing: This lip piercing resembles a lot like Monroe lip piercing but in this piercing style the perforation is done on the left-hand side, above the upper lip. This lip piercing style is nice to look at just like the Monroe piercing and the jewelry used for this lip piercing style is the labret studs.
- Medusa lip piercing: Medusa lip piercing is done directly above the upper lip in the center. Many youngsters can be seen these days with this piercing. This lip piercing style never fails to give that alluring look and one should definitely go for it if they find it interesting. Again the most preferred jewelry used for this kind of piercing is labret studs and the next better option is the Captive bead rings.
- Ashley lip piercing: Ashley Lip piercing is done in the center of the lower lip with its other end inside the mouth. This is a variation of the vertical labret piercing. Here pieces of jewelry like Bent barbells or Captive Bead Rings are used.
- Jestrum lip piercing: Jestrum piercing involves the upper lip. In this, the perforation is done from the center, above the upper lip. The other end of the piercing can also be seen in this piercing style which is in the middle of the upper and lower lip. Captive bead rings and Curved barbells are preferred for this kind of lip piercing style.
Double Lip piercings:
- Dahlia lip piercing: Dahlia is a double lip piercing that includes two perforations on the corners of the lips. This piercing is also known as joker piercing. Labret studs are the most commonly used jewelry for this kind of lip piercing.
- Snakebite lip piercing: This piercing can be referred to as the pair of side labret piercing placed below, on either side of the lower lip. Here two labret piercings are placed on both the sides of the mouth. Captive bead rings, seamless rings, and circular or curved barbells can also be used.
- Angel bites lip piercing: This is just the opposite of the snake bite piercing. Here perforation is performed above the upper lip on either side of the upper lip, unlike snake bite piercing in which the perforation is performed below the lower lip.
- Dolphin bites lip piercing: Somewhat similar to snake bite lip piercing, dolphin bite lip piercing is done below the lower lip in pairs. The only difference here is that they are much closer in comparison to the snake bite piercing.
- Spider bites lip piercing (or viper bites piercing): In this style, the two perforations are performed on either the left or the right side beneath the lower lip. This style of lip piercing looks great with seamless slender hoops, small captive bead rings, labret studs or the circular barbells.
- Cyber bites lip piercing: This piercing style is a combination of the medusa lip piercing and labret lip piercing. One piercing is done where medusa lip piercing is performed and the second piercing is performed where labret piercing is done.
Quadruple Lip piercings:
- Shark bite lip piercing: This one is a pair of spider bite lip piercing. In this style four perforations are performed, two on either side, below the lower lip. This lip piercings style looks fantastic with Captive bead rings and other hoop styles. Labret studs also work well with this style.
- Canine bite lip piercing: This one depicts a nice combination of the angel bite lip piercing and snake bite lip piercing. In total this piercing style consists of four piercing out of which two are done above the upper lip on both sides and the other two done below the lower lip on both sides.
So these were some of the lip piercing styles that were unexplored by most of you. These lip piercing styles look really great when tried and they give a nicer as well as alluring appearing appeal to your overall appearance. Not only just lip piercing has these many styles but a lot of other piercings like belly button piercing and nose piercing have a lot of variation and styles that you guys should explore.